70569 Stuttgart, Germany
tel: +49 711 685 88376
- We are offering a new International Master in Computer Science with Major in Autonomous Systems (includes AI + Machine Learning + Robotics). Interested students please see the website on how to apply to this study program.
since 12/12 Full Prof. at University of Stuttgart; head of the Machine Learning and Robotics Lab. 10/10-11/12 Prof. (W1) at the Department of Math and Computer Science, FU Berlin; head of the Machine Learning and Robotics Lab at FU Berlin 3/07-10/10 head of the Machine Learning and Robotics group (Emmy Noether Programme) at the IDA lab (Klaus-Robert Müller), TU Berlin. 8/06-2/07 guest scientist at the Honda Research Institute, Offenbach. 6/04-6/06 post doc at the Machine Learning group (Chris Williams) and the Statistical Machine Learning and Motor Control group (Sethu Vijayakumar), University of Edinburgh. 4/00-5/04 PhD student (& brief post doc) at the Adaptive Systems group, Institut für Neuroinformatik (Werner von Seelen), Ruhr-Universität-Bochum. 6/98-3/00 student at the Cologne gravity group (Friedrich W. Hehl), Institute for Theoretical Physics, U Cologne.
- current research interests
- Research in the intersections of modern AI (probabilistic reasoning, learning & planning), robotics and machine learning
- Probabilistic approaches to planning, on symbolic (relational) as well as motion & control level
- (Constrained) Optimization methods for robotics, reinforcement learning and machine learning in general
- Active learning, experimental design and UCB/UCT type methods for autonomous (e.g.\ robot) exploration of complex domains
- general Machine Learning: learning representations, Bayesian networks & graphical models